Friday 15 April 2011

Red Tribal Nails. Again!?

Fancy some red this weekend, so I'm going to grab me some Boots 17 Fast Finish Knockout Red and paint my nails with it.

Boots 17 Fast Finish Knockout Red
Boots Fast Finish Knockout Red Swatch. Looks /very/ bright in that pic.

I'm not the greatest fan of these Boots 17 Fast Finishes -- don't get me wrong, the colours are fantastic, it's just the application. They seem to go a bit streaky, but that may be due to my general nail n00bness.

Some top-coat and Konad will iron out all those naily problems.

Boots Fast Finish Knockout Red and Chez Delaney T31 Tribal Nails
Yes, red tribal nails again. I can't help it, I love tribal patterns, they go so well with red.

This particular tribal pattern comes from Chez-Delaney plate T31. First I stamped the pattern with some Konad Special Silver polish (which ain't all that, TBH, but it works with this plate) and lightly brushed over it with a bit of random silver glitter polish. I stamped over all that with the same tribal pattern, this time with Konad Special Black polish, and it didn't look completely awful. Hurray!

I'm going to get a grip and be really brave next time I dig out the tribals and do it over a colour that isn't red.

4 comments:

love4laqcuer said...

i like this red :)

Missus Boot said...

Thanks, the red really seems to strut its stuff :)

ABOP Laquerlove said...

I like this! Yah, the konad special polish in silver and gold were both disappointments for me since they're not that opaque (grr!)

Missus Boot said...

You'd think that they'd have a bit more ooomph, considering how much they cost, really. Thanks for the heads-up about the gold :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment :) Please don't post links to your blog or your comment will be deleted. Ta.