Friday 11 March 2011

Arrr, Treasure

My posh polish reward for having no ciggies this week is Nubar Treasure from the Prisms collection, a set of colourful holographic polishes. Unfortunately, the holo doesn't show up all that great in the rubbish light that I was left with after the Sun decided to bugger off behind a huge cack of cloud.

Nubar Treasure Swatch
You can just see the holo doing it's thang.

Naturally, I had to ruin it all by doing a very dodgy Fauxnad job on the tips. For this I used Fauxnad m33 plate (pic) with some 2True Shade 16. It was meant to be nice and slightly subtle but it came out really subdued and boring. I tried painting some dots in the center of the flowers with Collection 2000 Hot Looks Parma Violet but this was the wrong colour to use, t'was too dark. I completed the nail ruination by mattifying it with some Rimmel Ultra Pro Matte Finish and it didn't look that bad if I squinted.

Nubar Treasure, 2True Shade 13 (Fauxnad m33) and Collection 2000 Hot Looks Parma Violet (dots)
Pattern didn't stand out so I mattified it.

I'm mattifying everything at the moment, must get a grip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment :) Please don't post links to your blog or your comment will be deleted. Ta.