Saturday 19 February 2011

Kat Salter's Dressing Gown

For some strange reason, I felt like replicating Kat Slater's dressing gown on my nails ...

I put on a base of Maybelline Water Shine White Ice, it is the only white polish I have and it really wasn't all that; it was very sheer and I had to put on five coats to fully get rid of the streakiness.

Maybelline Water Shine White Ice Swatch
Five coats of Maybelline Water Shine White Ice

Wasn't too happy with the base but it would do. I had some MUA Shade 14 about  and thought that a Konading with plate m63 and a bold colour would sort that out ...

Kat Slater's Faded Dressing Gown
Kat Slater's Faded Dressing Gown

Maybe not. This did not come out as I had hoped, it was a bit faded and meh but I still quite liked it despite it being well girlie.

I still wanted Kat Slater's dressing gown on my nails, though, and soldiered on, this time using MUA Shade 14 as a base. This was also a bit sheer and I needed four good coats for full coverage.

MUA Shade 14 Swatch
MUA Shade 14 in dingy daylight. Ignore the dents, I was in a rush.

Stamped over it with m63 and the white Konad Special Polish (smells a bit like Tippex) and managed to mess up the ring finger three times. I couldn't be bothered to do it again.

MUA Shade 14 and Konad Special White Polish
Kat Slater's Dressing Gown

And there we have it. Kat Slater's Dressing Gown nails, just what everyone needs on a miserable, rainy day like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment :) Please don't post links to your blog or your comment will be deleted. Ta.